Tuesday 26 June 2012

Pinterest Makes Me Perfect!

Greetings My Little Muttles! How goes it? Do you know what Pinterest is? You should, so I am going to tell you all about it!


According to Pinterest,  it is  a Virtual Pinboard. Pinterest lets you organise and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organise their favourite recipes.
Think of it as a much more organised and less messy way of ripping things out of magazines and ‘putting them in a safe place’.

But it is oh so much more!

Pinterest makes me perfect, well, it makes me feel closer to perfect anyway. Now we all know nobody’s perfect and all that jazz, but far out, pinning all those wonderful nutritious recipes, crafty things for your kids to do, ideas for keeping organised, and beautiful interior ideas for your home… makes me feel like Martha bloody Stewart (without the whole criminal/jail time thing).
Oh if only I could actually pull all these things off instead of sitting on my computer or phone pinning things all day. Ahhh the double edge sword! There is always someone or something out to ruin our fun!

Here is a funny one!
But seriously, according to my pinterest boards and pins, I am one perfect mother and wife, with the most AMAZING taste in clothes, I am a chef extraordinaire, interior designer, landscape architect plus I have a wicked sense of humour! Reality is a different story (apart from the sense of humour one – that’s true). My laundry basket is too full, my house needs a good dust, I really should get out of my pyjamas before lunch, I have a floordrobe instead of a wardrobe, and the best motivation I have to make my house presentable is if we are having visitors! (Please tell me someone else is like this!?!) Check out the below – I am pretty sure my husband may have made this e-card! The proverbial cat is out of the bag now!

Back to the floordrobe thing… I HATE putting clothes away. Hate is a strong word, but I really don’t think it is strong enough in this case. Pure hatred runs through my veins when I think about having to put my clothes away. There could be many reasons for this:

1.       I have too many clothes to fit nicely into my wardrobe. It is a physically draining to fit them all in

2.       My wardrobe is too small (this is definitely the root of the problem). Because I live in an old house, there are no built ins, so I have an old wardrobe that has two doors. Yep, two! A measly TWO doors. Oh the shame! It would probably be a feat just to fit my coats, and only my coats, in there (I have a thing for coats and jackets so I have quite a few).

3.       I don’t do laundry often enough, so when I do, there are SO MANY clothes to put away that it is just way too hard and time consuming that I put it off because I have better and more important things to do. Like housework (or pinning, or blogging).

4.       I am jealous of Oprah’s ‘clothes room’ and really think I deserve something more along those lines to store my clothes – I would sooooo put my clothes away if I had one of those! Check out these wardrobes in this blog post. Oprah’s is the top one. http://mrsainthecove.blogspot.com.au/2010/04/wardrobe-dreams.html

So despite my ramblings about the tiny downside to pinning, I reckon you should join Pinterest! Just don’t get too addicted!
Quick whinge - HOW ANNOYING is it when people you are following re-pin the exact thing that you have already pinned, BUT THEY REPIN SOMEONE ELSE'S PIN INSTEAD. I get cut! I am all like 'oh fiddlesticks (who says fiddlesticks?), I pinned that first, give me the recognition as a pinner of fabulous ideas!'

Now, It’s 2:30pm, I haven’t had lunch, I’m still in my pj’s and my floordrobe needs attention. So I better stop blogging and pinning and actually PRACTISE WHAT I PIN!

Over and out My Little Muttles. BessiMac x

No comments:

Post a Comment